Tuesday, May 01, 2012

April 2012 ART Summery, PROMO & Updates!



Commission projects have taken up a lot of my time this month but I did manage to finish a new Iconic Portrait and another installment in my Lepidoptera series. Ive also been busting my butt getting ready for all the summer art shows! Ive done lots of 3d art too… scarves, rings and tons of junktique jewelry! (I have the scars and burn blisters to prove it) Plus I finished up my noteswap letter, managed to post a couple of Facebook exclusive auctions, and came up with a new little promo to show my appreciation for my FABULOUS supporters =)

Lately when I do my iconic portraits Ive been having a really hard time picking just one quintessential reference image… These people are just too dang beautiful! So, Ive decided to paint every image I like! I will end up with lots of these so Ive decided to auction them off unframed (but still ready to hang!) and YOU get to choose the price!

The first of my unframed “Iconic Portraits” is Ms. Marlene Dietrich from “The Devil is a Woman” and I have titled her exactly that. 


She sold first thing this morning but prints are available upon request =)
  
Ive been adding lots of new items to my eBay every week so be sure to check it out

The Note Swap project through The Art House Co-op was just too cool an idea for me to pass up! I wrote my little spiel on some funky repurposed paper and sent it off. 


 My artsy letter will be exchanged with another artist somewhere in the world and I cant wait to see what comes back!

I did a couple Facebook exclusive auctions this month and I tend post them randomly on my page. These are a great opportunity to get previously unavailable and/or one of a kind art stuffs at awesome prices! 



The fourth installment in my "Lepidoptera" collection! 


 Lepidoptera is the Latin/Greek word which describes a wide range of moths and butterflies. And I plan for this series to be unique and extensive =) This tiny ACEO sized objet d’art sold quickly but prints are available through Zazzle or directly through me!

And finally… I kinda plan for this to be an ongoing thing but May is going to be the trial run! For the entire month of May, every item you purchase either in person or online, comes with a ticket. Each ticket counts as one entry into a monthly draw. The winner will be drawn at the beginning of the following month (June) and announced on my Facebook page! So be sure to keep your eyes peeled for the winning announcement! The prize will be one 8x10 print OR five ACEO prints of your choice! Just a small way for me to say thank you for the support!