Sunday, March 14, 2021

Nuclear S’mores, Hasty Raven & ...Welding?!?

Commission projects have kept me super busy behind the scenes so I haven’t had much to share publicly… nicer weather has also meant more projects can start happening outside so YAY variety! This past weekend I got to play electrician, plumber and welder! *adds all these things to resume* =D 

 

*NEW PAINTINGS*

 

When I’ve spent a lot of time on complex pieces or lots of fine detail it’s nice to give my eyes and my brain a break! This raven was intended to be a very quick, loose “let’s see what happens” kind of piece. The most important part of this exercise is the fun factor… Art: If you’re not having fun, you’re doing it wrong. And it worked! It was fun, easy and I was happy with how it turned out =)

 

“Perched And Sat And Nothing More”

  


Acrylic on Canvas

11x14

$150

 

I saw a monster of a raven perched on a fence post recently, he looked big, ruffled and menacing! I want to paint him but fear I won’t be able to do him justice… can’t find a reference photo that even comes close to comparing to his level of badass. We’ll see what happens…

 

***

 

Another addition to what is turning into an ongoing series… Stay Puft from the Ghostbusters with a proton stream outline.

 

“The Destructor” 

Acrylic on Embossed Brick Hardboard

19x24

SOLD!

 

On a totally unrelated note- This was a nice change of pace… oh, how I've missed the smell of sparks! A custom hatchet with 20oz folded steel head and iron pipe handle. 7 inches long weighing in at 2lbs. Cut, welded, grinded down, contoured, then played with surface patterning and tempering =)



 

ORIGINAL PAINTINGS

 

PRINTS

 

*EVENTS & EXHIBITS*

 

TraXside Studios

1209 Railway Ave. Blackie, AB

 

Okotoks Health & Wellness Centre

11 Cimarron Common, Okotoks, AB
403-995-5400

 

Colossi’s Coffee House

114 4th Ave SE, High River, AB

403-652-2181

 

Join me over on Facebook or Instagram for the latest art & updates!


https://www.facebook.com/natalievonraven    

đź’ś